Do you want to travel to Romania the right way? Then you need to find out more about it before you go! Let me tell you some facts!
WHERE IS ROMANIA LOCATED
Romania is located in the Balkan Peninsula!
It is a little bit too general, right?
Mmm… now let me try something else: Do you know where Hungary is? Or Bulgaria? Or the Black Sea?
Yes! These countries are in Southeastern Europe where Romania is also located!
Black sea coast is on the southeast, Bulgaria on the south, Hungary on the west, and the country is also bordered with Moldavia, Serbia, and Ukraine!
Wild forests and untainted nature are specific for the area!
IS ROMANIA IN THE EU
Before you visit Romania you should know that the country is a UE member since January 2017 and a NATO member since 2004.
Stay safe while you travel
- medical safety abroad
- medical assistance including COVID-19
- emergency medical evacuation
- trip interruption -up to $5.000
- travel delay - up to $100/day
During 2000, Romania faced one of the highest economic growth rates in Europe. This leads to a significant improvement in living standards.
Still, domains like infrastructure, medical services, and education need improvements and updates.
WHAT IS THE BEST CURRENCY TO TAKE TO ROMANIA
The national currency of this nation is the Romanian LEU. For your holidays in Romania, the best currency to take is EUR or USD, as you can easily exchange it after you arrive.
Or you can just bring your credit card and pay with it, or if you need cash just withdraw the local currency from an ATM.
1 USD/ EUR is about 4.3/4.7 Romanian lei.
Discover here more articles about the Romanian currency
xx categorie Romania currency
HOW TO GET TO ROMANIA
Romania can be easily reached by train, car, or airplane.
There are a lot of cheap flights to Romania.
You can use a low-cost airline or a flag airline to visit Romania.
Bucharest and other cities in Romania have good airline connections with other important international airports like Paris, London, Berlin, Rome, and so on.
The airplane is the fastest way to reach Romania.
A car is a good option for traveling to Romania.
Get the best price for your car rental today
There are not many highways throughout the country; most of the roads are national roads.
Hey! The landscape is so beautiful, so you don’t need a highway to visit Romania.
Take your time and enjoy the road trip! Transylvania especially is an amazing place so you should visit it by car!
Another easy option to travel to Romania is by train.
There is an international train line which links Vienna to Bucharest.
The train crosses Brasov city, one of the most beautiful mountain cities in the country.
THINGS TO DO IN ROMANIA
Well…I need hundreds of pages to write what to see when visiting Romania!
There are so many things to do in Romania and so many places to visit in Romania as it is impossible for me to write about everything!
There is the Black Sea Coast, the Danube Delta, the Carpathians Mountains, Transylvania area, wood churches from Maramures, traditional monasteries from Bucovina and the list could go on.
Even if the country is not very big, it is full of wonderful places.
When you visit Romania, if you are interested in a bird watching tour, then the Danube Delta is the best place.
Here, few steps away from Danube Delta you can find one of the best beaches to visit on the Black Sea Coast, Mamaia Beach.
A few days at the seaside are always welcomed!
Oh, I see! You don’t want to see birds or to lay in the sun!
You are interested in vampires! No problem!
You can choose Romanian tours which allow you to discover more about Dracula and vampire life!
Do you want to feel like a prince or a princess?
Great! Take a tour in Transylvania and sleep in a traditional castle.
You see! I told you!
There are so many things to do that for sure you should visit this country and see with your own eyes how untainted nature looks like and how life is in this unique country!
Discover here the most beautiful places to see when visit Romania
- These are the best Romania things to doLooking for a wonderful place to escape from the hustle and bustle of your daily lives? Great! I have the best place for your escape! …
- These are the best activities to do in RomaniaRomania is one of Europe’s best-kept secrets. Located in the Balkan Peninsula close to the Black Sea, Hungary and Bulgaria, this wonderful country offers a …
- Which is the most beautiful Christmas market in Romania?Romania is one of Europe’s hidden gems. It has everything you could wish for and something more! Beautiful beaches, untamed nature, cosy villages hidden between …
- Neversea Constanta the best beach festival from Black Sea CoastDo you like to party? Do you like to party on a beach? Then Neversea Constanta is the right place where you should be! By …
VISIT TRANSYLVANIA A ROMANIAN HIDDEN GEM
You cannot say you visit Romania if you don’t visit Transylvania!
This is the most authentic and beautiful place in the entire country so do not hesitate and spend your holidays in Romania!
And when I said that it is a hidden gem I mean it!
Image for one second a fairytale land with lush vegetation and medieval forests where wild animals run free!
In the middle of the forests, on top of the hills, there are medieval churches and traditional houses!
Organic food and tasty drinks could be found on each step!
You can rest peacefully in an old castle where princes and princesses used to sleep.
Transylvania is the ideal place to search for your inner peace and get some well-deserved rest!
Come and visit Transylvania to see with your own eyes how a piece of heaven looks like!
- Things to know before first time visiting Transylvania RomaniaTransylvania Romania is the central region of the country and one of the most well-preserved places in Europe. It is located in the Balkan Peninsula …
- Is Transylvania in Romania? Do you know where it is?Is Transylvania in Romania? Where is transylvania? I am sure that after reading the Bram Stoker novel or seeing the movie made after this book …
- When is the best time to visit Transylvania?A fairytale land located right in the middle of Romania, Transylvania is one of the most beautiful regions from Europe. It is famous for its …
- 5 reasons to visit Transylvania in RomaniaLocated in the heart of Romania, Transylvania is one of the most beautiful and picturesque regions of the country. Here, people are friendly and welcoming! …
BEST TIME TO VISIT ROMANIA
Every month of the year has its own beauty and the landscape constantly changes from one day to another!
Keep in mind when visiting this country that the country has 4 seasons which are spread all over the year as follows: December, January, and February are winter months March, April and May are spring months June, July, and August are summer months September, October, and November are autumn months!
Visit Romania in summer! Everything is green and alive!
The days are long and hot, perfect for one of the best beaches to visit on the Black Sea Coast or bird-watching on the Danube Delta.
No problem, if you do not want to go to the seaside!
You can escape hot days by going high up in the mountains!
There, the air is cooler and windy!
The peaks are laying in the sun and everywhere you look you see live!
Hiking Carpathians is a unique experience!
There are few places in Europe where you can find such wild paths!
Do you like skiing, snowboarding, or other winter sports?
There are so many places where you can try these sports at reasonable prices during winter!
Mountain resorts are full of cozy accommodations and snowy slopes, ideal for you! You don’t like too cold or too hot days?
Good! Then spring and autumn are the ideal seasons for you to visit Romania.
The days are long enough for visiting and the temperature is average! Nature reveals its own beauty and majesty!
ACCOMMODATION IN ROMANIA
Generally, accommodation prices in Romania are reasonable!
You have a very varied panel when you travel to Romania: you can look for apartments to rent, hostels, villas, hotels, and of course, rooms in castles!
Depending on what are you looking for, the prices may vary from a few tens of dollars to a few hundred dollars per night.
Obviously, the most expensive accommodations are rooms in high-class hotels, in castles, or the ones in traditional houses located very far from the beaten path.
But trust me! They worth every cent! It is once in a lifetime experience!
We slept in all categories of rooms but the way I felt when I slept in a castle or in a traditional house is just unbelievable!
I cannot describe it in words!
Here is our experience at one of the most unique and beautiful accommodations in Romania.
Here is our experience at one of the most unique and beautiful accommodations in Romania.
IS ROMANIA EXPENSIVE TO TRAVEL?
You don’t need a lot of money while you are here!
Rumania is not an expensive travel destination!
As you might saw in all kind of tops for travel destinations around the world, Romania is quite an affordable place!
The food, the accommodation and the cost of living, in general, is not very high!
So, with less money, you can get an unforgettable trip to a unique place!
IS ROMANIA SAFE TO VISIT?
You should not be worried! Romania is a safe country!
Still, pay attention to your pockets and phones! There might be pocket thieves around!
If you follow basic safety precautions there should not be any incidents!
Generally, Romanians are very open and friendly!
Just ask for their help and for sure you will get it!
Logistical tips and tricks for your trip
Book your accommodation
We always use Booking.com as they have the best price-quality ratio and they offer a wide range of hotels, guesthouses, apartments, and villas to choose from.
You will find here all types of accommodations, from the cheapest ones to the most luxurious.
Don't forget travel insurance
Travel insurance will always protect you against unexpected events and cost like illness, COVID, injury, theft, or travel cancellation.
We never go on any trip without travel insurance and there were many cases when we had to use it.
Renting a car
We like to explore a country on our own and a car gives us the mobility and freedom to do that.
We always rent our car from Discovercars as they have free cancellation 48 hours prior to starting date and a wide range of car rental companies and options to choose from all over the world.
Tours and attractions
When we are looking for some adventure or we simply want to break up the monotony and discover new places, we always use GetYourGuide.
We love it because we always find the most amazing experiences, with free cancellation and a large variety of activities and tours to choose from.
Airplane tickets and holiday packages
Expedia is our ally when searching for the best price for airplane tickets as it works as an aggregator for a huge number of airlines and we always find the best price for our flights.
Travel tip: use Expedia when you are searching for holiday packages as they have many last-minute offers and great discounts for hotels, flights, and even the whole holiday packages.
MORE USEFUL TRAVEL INFORMATION ROMANIA
- How is Romania weather all year round and best time to goRomania weather is different from one season to another, because it is located in the Balkan Peninsula in the southeastern part of Europe. What you …
- These are the best 10 Romania destinationsNested in the Balkan Peninsula and full of incredible attractions, Romania destinations are waiting to be discovered. It is not yet a very developed country …
- How to visit Romania without spending a lotI am sure that most of you are wondering how to visit Romania, which is the best time to visit Romania and how to travel …
- Useful information about Romania currencyThe official Romania currency is Romanian leu. The currency symbol is leu plural lei and the currency code is RON. Ever heard about this RON?! …