You should visit Sibiu if you plan on visiting one of the most beautiful cities of Romania. Is is full of history, plenty of festivals and located right in the middle of the country.
Sibiu or Hermannstadt in german language is a community located in the heart of Romania, in Transylvania region. The town was called Cultural Funding of Europe in 2007 as well as Gastronomic Region of Europe in 2019.
Good accommodations situated very close to all the piece de resistances could be found at practical rates.
The attractions made this city a place which no one should miss when they visit Romania.
Some of the most important attractions in Sibiu are:
- Taste some local traditional food
- visit Astra Museum
- Brukenthal Museum
- Bridge of Lies (“Podul Minciunilor”)
- Climb the council Tower
- International Theatre Festival of Sibiu
- Best 5 Sibiu attractions Hermannstadt attractionsSibiu or Hermannstadt in german language is a town located in the heart of Romania, in Transylvania region. The town was named Cultural Capital of …
- How to get and when to visit Sibiu RomaniaSibiu Romania is one of the most beautiful and representative cities of Transylvania, being known as one of the best-preserved medieval cities from Europe. It …
- Why you should not miss Sibiu International Theatre Festival FITSSibiu International Theatre Festival is, I might say, the most modern and interesting festival organized in the city and even in Romania. Sibiu is one …
Logistical tips and tricks for your trip
Book your accommodation
We always use Booking.com as they have the best price-quality ratio and they offer a wide range of hotels, guesthouses, apartments, and villas to choose from.
You will find here all types of accommodations, from the cheapest ones to the most luxurious.
Don't forget travel insurance
We never leave home without HeyMondo Insurance or Safety Wings Insurance as they offer the best services and a good value for money, plus COVID coverage.
Travel insurance will always protect you against unexpected events and cost like illness, COVID, injury, theft, or travel cancellation.
We never go on any trip without travel insurance and there were many cases when we had to use it.
Renting a car
We like to explore a country on our own and a car gives us the mobility and freedom to do that.
We always rent our car from Discovercars as they have free cancellation 48 hours prior to starting date and a wide range of car rental companies and options to choose from all over the world.
Tours and attractions
When we are looking for some adventure or we simply want to break up the monotony and discover new places, we always use GetYourGuide.
We love it because we always find the most amazing experiences, with free cancellation and a large variety of activities and tours to choose from.
Airplane tickets and holiday packages
Expedia is our ally when searching for the best price for airplane tickets as it works as an aggregator for a huge number of airlines and we always find the best price for our flights.
Travel tip: use Expedia when you are searching for holiday packages as they have many last-minute offers and great discounts for hotels, flights, and even the whole holiday packages.