Choosing the best time to visit Romania depends on what season you wish to see this country. Romania can be visited anytime, and any season, as it has 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter, each of them with their own beauty and beautiful places to see.
If I were to name a period that should be avoided when planning to visit Romania, I would rather avoid the Public Holidays, rather than planning a trip based on the weather.
During Public Holidays, there are more people travelling and visiting the attractions in Romania and therefore if could be a bad time if you are looking for a quiet time without the crowds.
On the other hand, each of the 4 seasons in Romania is beautiful in it’s own way, so plan your trip based on what activities you plan to do.
If you prefer to visit during Christmas, then winter is the best time.
If you prefer to go to the beach and seaside, then summer is the evident choice.
Autumn is the season when you find the fresh picked fruits in any village around the country, halloween is also in this season.
A visit to Dracula’s castle would be best during autumn if you wish to have an unique experience.
If you just wish to visit the castle on your own pace, without the crowds, then under all circumstances avoid Halloween period.
Spring is beautiful in Romania as everything goes back to life after the winter. There are flowers everywhere, all the trees grow beautiful and colourful flowers so any photographer will really appreciate this period.
In my opinion, choosing the best time for Romania is a matter of taste and it definitely depends on what is your holiday’s purpose.
Best time to visit Romania
- When to visit Romania for a tour across the countrySome of you wonder when to visit Romania for a city break and go just to certain cities and explore the surroundings but others want … Read more
- When is the best time of year to visit Romania in 2020?Not many of us heard about Romania and its natural wonders. But once you will arrive in Romania you will be amazed by its landscapes, … Read more
- Is September the best time to visit Romania in autumn?Autumn is one of my favourite seasons of the year. Nature looks incredible! The colours of the trees, the smells from the air make from … Read more
- Do you know when is the best time of year to visit Romania?Romania is an incredible country located in the Balkan Peninsula in the southeastern part of Europe. It is an all-year-round destination thanks to its varied … Read more
- Best time for visiting Romania and best things to see in RomaniaIt is not a secret that weather itself can ruin or make the most of your trip. Nobody likes to walk when is cold or … Read more
Logistical tips and tricks for your trip
Book your accommodation
We always use Booking.com as they have the best price-quality ratio and they offer a wide range of hotels, guesthouses, apartments, and villas to choose from.
You will find here all types of accommodations, from the cheapest ones to the most luxurious.
Don't forget travel insurance
Travel insurance will always protect you against unexpected events and cost like illness, COVID, injury, theft, or travel cancellation.
We never go on any trip without travel insurance and there were many cases when we had to use it.
Renting a car
We like to explore a country on our own and a car gives us the mobility and freedom to do that.
We always rent our car from Discovercars as they have free cancellation 48 hours prior to starting date and a wide range of car rental companies and options to choose from all over the world.
Tours and attractions
When we are looking for some adventure or we simply want to break up the monotony and discover new places, we always use GetYourGuide.
We love it because we always find the most amazing experiences, with free cancellation and a large variety of activities and tours to choose from.
Airplane tickets and holiday packages
Expedia is our ally when searching for the best price for airplane tickets as it works as an aggregator for a huge number of airlines and we always find the best price for our flights.
Travel tip: use Expedia when you are searching for holiday packages as they have many last-minute offers and great discounts for hotels, flights, and even the whole holiday packages.