Some tourists wonder how there can be so many beautiful places to see in Iceland, especially the tourists that go for the first time.
Icelanders are typically asked: what do you recommend? What are one of the most exciting and one-of-a-kind things to do in Iceland?
Where can you find the nation’s most stunning places and landmarks? Keep reading to find our suggestions for what to do as well as where to go.
A land with such beautiful landscapes, with rivers that go through deserts, lava decorated plains by lava that erupts from ice. It is a country of amazing contrasts.
It is the place where the natural elements unveil how nature looks from fire to ice.
Winters with aurora borealis on the endless dark skies, and also the summer time when the sun stays on the sky forever, never setting.
Places to see in Iceland
- When Ring Road meets Golden Circle. Day 8This is where Ring Road meets the Golden Circle. Here we come! For this day we planned to drive from Skogafoss to Reykjavik. If you … Read more
- Driving on the south of Iceland: Hofn to Skogafoss. Day 7Most people who travel in Iceland plan their journey on the south side. South of Iceland is more touristic and popular than the north side … Read more
- Exploring East Iceland, from Egilsstadir to Hofn. Day 6This day from our Iceland Ring Road tour was dedicated to east Iceland! We planned to explore this part of the island, to see some … Read more
- Driving the Ring Road: Myvatn to Egilsstadir. Day 5This is our 5th day from our Iceland Ring Road trip! Another beautiful day to discover Iceland! Myvatn Lake is a very wild and beautiful … Read more
- Exploring Iceland on Ring Road: Akureyri to Myvatn area. Day 4This is our 4th day from our Ring Road trip! Another day which gave us the unique opportunity to discover Iceland! For this day we … Read more